- Max out your at least your matched retirement plan deductible contributions
- Recognize any capital losses in your taxable accounts
- Prepay as many deductible expenses in this tax year
- Make as many non-cash contributions to charity that you can (Including that old broken down car that you no longer need)
- Have an accounting of medical expenses ready for your tax preparer including prescriptions, deductibles and direct medical expenses
- Have an accounting of your miscellaneous expenses that include moving expenses and non-reimbursed business expenses
If you have done as many of these items as you can you will be better prepared when it comes to the time for filing your income taxes!